Saturday, April 2, 2011

Challenge; YOU are the music maker, YOU are the dreamers of dreams.

I've been accused of being very selfish by a lot of people recently. Only one of them has come out and used the word selfish, but in their own words it has all be the same.

The interesting about being labeled as selfish is, at this point in my life, I cannot argue with that.

I am selfish. My first priority in my life is myself.

Jaw dropping silence!

We have all be conditioned to give to others, to sacrifice our things for those in need, and to give of ourselves relentlessly! Now, I do agree with this... to a point. I am very compassionate and caring and often give of my time and material things for those I love, but I'm talking about not sacrificing YOU and your energy. Do not take it to a point that our well being is compromised.

Human beings have needs. The need to eat, to drink, to breath, the survive, to love and be loved. These are our physical needs, but each individual is driven on in life by their emotional needs too. Some of these emotional needs we meet by ourselves, others are met by the relationships with other people.

When our needs are not being met then it is partly our fault that we are unhappy. We put those in our life who we have expectations to meet our needs. It's time to be selfish and remove those who don't meet our needs as easily as we let them in.

If a person doesn't care about your needs then they don't care about you, and they shouldn't be in a place where they can continue to make you unhappy.

Yes, I'm selfish. I think that everyone should take the time and be selfish. It's refreshing and exhilarating to do things only for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment