Monday, November 15, 2010

Challenge; Don't Rock the Boat Baby!

http://www.counciloftribes.com/ has an amazing program that is centered around teaching. The Dominant and Submissive training program is centered around the education of individuals in the BDSM lifestyle in which they have chosen to pursue. I fully support this program and hope that it continues in full force in the future.

This weekend I had the opportunity to attend one of their wonderful discussions. M D/s partner is the coordinator for the Oklahoma program and my other D/s partner is a student in the program. Sometime I get the opportunity to go so that my Top can try the things on me. This was different, since the head of my family was teaching a class on Leather and GLBT issues she saw this as a wonderful opportunity to teach me as her student. She is, after all my life coach. I always learn so many things from her, but this weekend I took away a new idea.

What I have to say is my own opinion and does not represent any of the attendees this weekend nor is a teaching or belief of the Council of Tribes. I took away what I needed to take away. THIS IS MY OWN OPINION!

The question was posed; "Does the Leather/Kink community have any right in Gay Pride Parade?"

At first, this question almost seemed stupid. In my head, of course we deserve there. However, as the question was explained in detail, I started to wonder if the Leather/Kink should back off some at a Pride Parade.


First off, I feel we should all take pride in our sexual choices and lifestyles, and there is nothing to be ashamed about. The different pride parades were created to offer education, area's of tolerance, and celebration of same sex love. Patrons on the side of the road often time include children who have come to support the rights of their two Mommy's.


The idea is, homosexuality should be accepted as heterosexuality. That a male/male couple should be allowed to walk down the street without complaint, just like a male/female couple. It's not about the sex life you choose to live. It is their to support what is acceptable in public.


BDSM/Kink/Leather or not things that we do on an everyday, run of the mill, walk out to the grocery store basis. If I saw someone spanking their partner in a grocery store, I would be quite angry.

While we are fighting for a our sexual rights, we are not fighting for the right to practice BDSM in public. Hetrosexual people do not fight for the right to fuck each other in an elementary school. While children should be taught about education, I feel that there is privacy issue where sex is involved. Sex/Kink/Leather has much more sexual undertones then the basic human right to marry whomever we choose.

My challenge is, be prideful of your choices and don't back done, but at a family friendly pride parade, don't strap a spanking bench to a float and practice sadomasochistic activities as you move down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment